Call for Papers
26th Annual Kent State Philosophy
Graduate Student Conference
in Remembrance of May 4th
Conference Date: Saturday, March 9, 2019
Rudy Professor of Philosophy at Indiana University Bloomington
To sign up please fill out this form: Submission Form.
An email will be sent with instructions on paper submission.
Submission deadline: January 18, 2019.
- Reading length of paper should not exceed thirty minutes, and papers should not exceed 3500 words. Submissions, including a 150 word abstract, should be prepared for blind review. To submit please fill out the Submission Form or go to philosophy.kent.edu/philconf.
- Papers on any philosophical topic and from any research tradition in philosophy are welcome, but this year we will be hosting a special “Minorities and Philosophy Panel.” Spots on this panel will be reserved for students who wish to present on the philosophy of gender, race, sexual orientation, class, disability, native language, or any topic related to underrepresented groups in philosophy.
- Local transportation and limited overnight accommodations with Kent State graduate students offered (available accommodations will be allocated first-come, first-served).
- Buffet lunch, including vegetarian options, will be provided free of charge for all attendees.
- Those interested in commenting on a paper or moderating a session should e-mail a statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a PDF of the Call for Papers (available in October).
Download a PDF of the Conference Announcement (available in October).
Funding provided in part by Kent State University Research and Graduate Studies, and Graduate Student Senate