27th Annual Kent State Philosophy Graduate Student Conference in Remembrance of May 4th
Conference Date: Saturday, March 7, 2020
Director of Policy Studies, Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies at University of Notre Dame
To sign up please fill out this form: Submission Form.
An email will be sent with instructions on paper submission.
Submission deadline: January 2, 2020.
- Reading length of paper should not exceed thirty minutes, and papers should not exceed 3500 words. Submissions, including a 150 word abstract, should be prepared for blind review. To submit please fill out the Submission Form or go to philosophy.kent.edu/philconf.
- Papers on any philosophical topic and from any research tradition in philosophy are welcome, but this year we commemorate the 50th anniversary of the events of May 4, 1970. Strong preference will be given to papers that address topics adjacent to those events.
- Local transportation and limited overnight accommodations with Kent State graduate students offered (available accommodations will be allocated first-come, first-served).
- Buffet lunch, including vegetarian options, will be provided free of charge for all attendees.
- Those interested in commenting on a paper or moderating a session should e-mail a statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a PDF of the Call for Papers (available in October).
Download a PDF of the Conference Announcement (available in October).
Funding provided in part by Kent State University Research and Graduate Studies, and Graduate Student Senate